Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Jewish New Year


Yesterday was the first day of the Jewish New Year. How remarkable that the FEMALE rabbi addressed the social unrest in the world. The reason I emphasize female is because years ago a gay, female rabbi would be inconceivable. The world has changed and institutions have to change as a consequence. And then she brought up racism and the need for we, as Jews, not to be complacent but act as social catalysts to propel a movement against the terrible negativity in the world, and this begins with a fight against racism and the tide against immigrants. She asked Jews to rally and help fight this negativity, and I, for one, am on board. I do this with my writing-I wage the fight, but now I feel it is imperative to find more than words, but action. How did the world become this way, the rabbi asked, a question I, too, have been asking myself as we spiral in this terrible campaign negativity. It is time to act.

No comments:

Post a Comment