Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Ella

My granddaughter turned two yesterday. She is sunshine wherever she goes. I know every grandparent feels that way about his or her grandchild, but I know LOTS of children: I babysat for years; I have worked with younger children and I had my own children. No one I know EVER exuded her gregarious, but sweet personality. She loves people, says hi to so many people, calling them man or lady, when she does not know their names. She is wildly affectionate, grabbing me by the leg, kissing and hugging spontaneously with such warmth and generosity. And she says I love you, from the bottom of her heart. This is clearly such a a loved child, since she is able to give love so easily. And she is very happy; she exudes happiness. Our family is so blessed to have her in our lives. Every day is a new gift with her and from her.

Happy birthday, Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment