Friday, December 30, 2016

North Carolina

This past Monday, the City Council in North Carolina voted to rescind parts of an anti-discrimination ordinance, and now transgender people, in particular, will have to endure discrimination with little legal recourse. I am baffled.  The world is supposed to make progress, not go backwards. It is unconscionable that these terrible lawmakers are going out of their way to stigmatize and injure such a vulnerable population. I said it once, and I will say it again: NOT MY COUNTRY. NOT MY PRESIDENT!  I am prepared to march for so many causes, until the blisters on my feet are bleeding. If you stand for nothing, you fall for everything. Politics has reared its ugly face, and the fangs are just beginning to abundantly dig in their ugly claws.


No comments:

Post a Comment