Tuesday, November 29, 2016

When There is a Will, There is a Way

Are domestic responsibilities at odds with being a great writer? I am not certain, since I write; I love to write; I have been writing my whole life, but I am not regarded as a great writer. My children never stopped me; in fact, they enhanced me, since I realized how precious time was, and this made me get down to business when they napped or when they went to school. There was no room for procrastination. In the NYT Book Review, two writers, both of whom have children--Siddhartha Deb (a single father) and Dana Stevens, discuss that there are some people who do whatever work possible in whatever circumstances they find themselves in. Dana Stevens finds herself able to write with an unknown but truly impressive quantity of rainbow sequins scattered across the floor. When my children were little, I hated the clutter, but it did not derail me from getting my work done. There is a cliche--when there is a will, there is a way. I always had the will, so I always found the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment