Monday, November 14, 2016

Thoughts for the Horrified: Paul Krugman: NYT, November 11th, 2016

I am horrified. I am mortified. I am crying. And Paul Krugman is saying so much of what I believe that this emperor is SO NAKED. And so I quote: "Remember, that elections determine who gets the power, not who offers the truth. The Trump campaign was unprecedented in its dishonesty; the fact that the lies didn't exact a political price, that they even resonated with a large bloc of votes doesn't make them any less false. No, our inner cities aren't war zones with record crime. No, we are not in the highest taxed nation in the world. No, climate change isn't a hoax promoted by the Chinese. Once you get past the lies, everyone has to face up to the unpleasant reality that a Trump administration will do immense damage to America and the world."


I am terrified, and I do not need Paul Krugman to tell me, for example, the climate damage a Trump administration may spell out may be irreversible. And the supreme court. And the way we are seen in the world.

I am mortified, embarrassed and depressed. I continue to wear a safety-pin to indicate a nationwide appeal-You are pinned, in safety, to like-minded people. This is not about race, class or economics. It is about VALUES. If yours are mine, I am with you all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment