Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Intensive Psychotherapy for Persistent Dissociative Processes: The Fear of Feeling RealIntensive Psychotherapy for Persistent Dissociative Processes: The Fear of Feeling Real by Richard A Chefetz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just finished reading INTENSIVE PSYCHOTHERAPY FOR PERSISTENT DISSOCIATIVE PROCESSES by Richard A. Chefetz. This is normally not a book I would read, but actually I needed to read it for my next young adult book project, which is about an adolescent girl with split/dissociate personality. This book is fascinating, since it is not just filled with facts and science, but it is extraordinarily anecdotal, so I really got to see her and meet the two (or more) sides of the same person. I also was able-through the power of very fine writing-to experience the pain for the patient and the challenge for the therapist to break through the barriers the individual has created to keep him or her safe. A must read if you want to learn about this disorder. This will truly help me write my next young adult novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment