Sunday, July 31, 2016

Mothers and Daughters


I try not to be too political in my blogs, and so I won't be. Instead, I want to write about mothers and daughters. There is a special bond between them that lasts forever, a different kind of marriage. Mothers can help shape, inspire and motivate their girls.  Chelsea Clinton was an inspiration when she introduced her mother; clearly Hillary's strength, poise and intellect has been passed down to her daughter. I admire that strength, and I love strong women, which is why I always write my female protagonists as strong women.  Though the relationship between mothers and daughters can be complicated, at the end of the day, the bond and love-with good parenting-is hopefully strong. My favorite quote from Chelsea about her mother: "That feeling of being valued and loved-that's what my Mom wants for every child. It's the calling of her life." 

No comments:

Post a Comment