Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Review for "George" by Alex Gino

GeorgeGeorge by Alex Gino
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just completed reading GEORGE by Alex Gino (Scholastic), a wonderfully evocative story with the same theme as JAZZ, only for an older readership, in much the same way my BE-A (GIRL) is, and because GEORGE is for an older audience, it is also more nuanced and riddled with the conflict that goes with an older audience. George's voice is smart and sassy, and what makes me ADORE this book is George's insistence that he/she must play CHARLOTTE in CHARLOTTE'S web. E.B. White's classic has always been one of my favorites and the emotional openness in the character and the book makes this a new, personal favorite in the middle-school category. Fabulous diction!

This book also gives me hope for my picture book-BE-A!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment