Thursday, August 18, 2016

Pay it Forward


The other day, a girl at the gym asked me if I would read her children's story, knowing I am an author. At first I thought, no way; I am so busy, particularly because I go back to teaching next week. But then I remembered how I live my life: pay it forward. Does this mean I give to receive? Absolutely not. This girl can do nothing for me, really, but I reap the benefits of knowing I have helped someone, and that is sufficient. I would also like to believe that by living my life this way, good things will come my way, since clearly I have become a magnet for aspiring writers. The reward may not come in the here and now, but perhaps one day someone will be extra good, for example, to my granddaughter, and I would like to believe on some level it was because her grandmother has always been a generous pay-it-forward person. Try it; it just might work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment