Monday, January 23, 2017

Million Woman's March

The Million Woman's March was fabulous in a million ways, in that there were women (and some men) in Washington, D.C., our national's capital, saying what he is doing to women's rights via Planned Parenthood and the Affordable Care Act is NOT okay, and it's not! The way after what many had assumed would be the inauguration of the first female president, turned into the travesty called Donald Trump. So hundreds of thousands of women of all ages and all colors and all forms of sexual orientations took to the streets in cities across the country in defiant, jubilant rallies. And with millions of women everywhere marching, there were no arrests, no threats; this was a peaceful demonstration for the terribly polarized nation. And being with my daughter, Samantha, her friend, my sister-in-law and cousin, Becky, made it even sweeter. We marched for my granddaughter, Ella. And the sweetest moments came from my husband, Ira (I am so proud of you and Samantha for doing this) and from my daughter herself. She thanked me for the weekend and also thanked me for "birthing her."

I am the one who had to thank them!

No comments:

Post a Comment