Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Positive Messaging

 Watching the DNC has been a sheer joy, and it is not just the fact that Kamala Harris is my candidate of choice, and also Tim Walz is a pleasure to watch, it is also because I love language, and the messaging has been positive. I am not just talking about the upbeat messaging of moving forward,  but the body language. There is so much embracing and hugging and celebration on the faces of its audience. People are smiling, not frowning, and they are speaking of a future, a positive future, a world I would be proud to live in. The other side is dour; they are deadly and destructive in the words they use. As a teacher of rhetoric, I am on to what they are saying, and their words have every intention of producing fear, even terror, the minds of their audience. I must say they are successful, since even though they are brining back a world where women are impotent, back in the kitchen, Handmaid's, I still saw a sign the other day: Women For Trump. I'd like to quote Ira who says, "What is wrong with this picture? I know men can be stupid, but what is wrong with a woman who wants her bodily rights taken away?" Wish I could give an answer.

I will not dwell on the negativity of the other party, but instead revel on the joy, the laughter, the push forward that this Democratic ticket has provided. I would be a fool to say it is perfect; no ideology ever is. Still, I can rejoice in this laughter, this positivity, dare I say hope

Today I celebrate hopefulness. And what a day to celebrate" the birth of my newest grandson happened this morning. New details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment