Monday, June 19, 2017

The Writing Journey

Writing another book this summer has brought me back to that wonderful place-the act of writing, the joy and the pleasure of it. Part of the process of a book sets in motion the skills of selling the book-the readings, the marketing, the reaching out, even the tweets and blogs. This is a lot of hard work, and I have never been one to balk at hard work; however, it is not always pleasurable.

The writing, the discovery, watching the characters come to life, enhancing the characters through the creation-all this and more makes this journey exhilarating. This newest creation is dredging up some challenging and painful memories, since in many ways it is my story; however, this does not diminish the infinite joy I receive when I sit with my writing pad and watch the story unfold. Yes, I am truly a dinosaur, so the writing journey beings with a pen and paper. And then the MAGIC begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment