Friday, July 28, 2017

Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just finished Zoraida Cordova's LABYRINTH LOST. I was on a panel with Zoraida, and I am always committed to read books by my peers, particularly those people I am on a panel with. This is not my genre, in that I love fairy tales, but magic/fantasy is really something I would not select to read. At first, I was reluctant-all the predictable signs that Alex (a bruja) has a deeply held magic which can be exciting, but could result in something terrifying. Will not share the terror of what happens as a consequence of this magic, since I do not want to provide a spoiler alert, but suffice it to say, once she embarks on this journey, I am totally there as a reader. She discovers Los Lagos as a way to recover what she lost-and it is here-in the land of "limbo" (Dante's Inferno) she must battle the forces that have taken away what is precious to her. The book is beautifully written, and ultimately, enchanting. A must read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment