Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Trumpcare

When 45 reached office people said, it is sad but the people who elected him will be hurt the most. I always felt this was such a narrow view, since when other people get hurt, I, too, get hurt. However, I realize I am protected with the cushion of privilege, so this advice was meant to allay my fears of getting personally hurt.

What a narrow view. And the truth is, if Trumpcare is passed, not only will those with less be hurt, but so will I on a very immediate level.

My Mom is on Medicaid. That is why she can afford (with no money) to be in a nursing home. If Medicaid is cut drastically, there is her payment for the nursing home.

Pre-existing conditions affect many people in my immediate family, and to think PREGNANCY, for example, is now a pre-existing condition is one bad joke. I thought a well-planned pregnancy was a gift to a family, not a "condition" where insurance companies could deny payment. The absurdity of this is beyond comprehension. 

Healthcare is a RIGHT for the American people, not a privilege, but it seems like the biggest concern in this package is protecting the RICH and their TAX CUTS. Congress should be ashamed of itself for supporting this, but you know what? So should the people who continue to support this president who continues to flaunt his reckless disregard for the health and well-being of our ONCE GREAT NATION. They should be ashamed of themselves for a total lack of decency not just in terms of healthcare, but in terms of education and other human services.

No comments:

Post a Comment