Friday, September 23, 2016

The Borough of Brooklyn

When I was first told by my husband that we could not afford Manhattan and had to move to Brooklyn thirty years ago, I was bereft. What I loved about the city was the easy access to everything, and I thought I would be missing that. I had heard the public schools were good and we would be getting more space in Park Slope. Thirty years later, I love my borough; it is the best! I have easy access to the city, but I also have parks and trees; few high-rises; small stores, not big ones; many restaurants and lots of culture. Author and reporter Pete Hamill, who was born in Brooklyn, is returning, at age eighty plus, to his beloved borough where he was born, and joining the ranks of so many authors and artists, renting out his loft in Tribeca so he can "see the sky and sun and I have so many dreams about Brooklyn."


And guess where he will be on September 18th? Reading at the Brooklyn Book Festival, with numerous other Brooklyn-bred authors. What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment