Monday, October 30, 2017

The Rohingya Muslims

I finished the writing of my epistolary novel, WHY NO BHINE over a year ago, thinking this population and this racial cleansing of the Rohingya Muslims would soon send. My goal was to give all royalties from the book to Fortify Rights, an organization which supports  tackling the terriblethe atrocities in this regional area.

So what has happened? Things have gotten worse-so much worse. Daily there are murders, women getting raped, children getting killed. The hostilities have accelerated, gotten so bad, and what is worse is that people are trying to escape-and die on the ocean instead of on land.

I am filled with grief for the children-the voiceless children-who the world has turned a blind eye toward. Art is one way of tackling terrible political issues, but who will actually step forward and stop these atrocities which daily grow uglier and uglier. I wish my book were not as relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment